Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein is a story told by the perspective of a dog. The husband, Denny, is  a race car driver and Enzo the dog is passionate about racing too. Denny marries a women named Eve and they have a daughter named Zoe. Eve gets brain cancer and Eve and Zoe go to live with eve's parents. Denny has to overcome the challenges that he faces.

I really liked this book, the fact that it was told by Enzo made it twelve times better. I liked it because it told a really story and something that could happen to anyone. It wasn't fake. This book does have extensive language and if you are going to read this book check with your parents. The next book I am going to read is The arm of the Starfish by Madeleine L'Engle.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of their book but it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley,
    I've heard this is a really sad book. Did you think it was? Also, I appreciate your warning about language. That is always good to know.

    -K

    ReplyDelete