Friday, December 6, 2013

Between Shades of Gray

Between Shades of Gray
By Haley Russell

This week I read Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. This book is about a girl name Lina who gets taken one night by Soviets. Her brother and mother go with her but her dad is not with them. they are forced to stay in a truck and then work unless they accept to be slaves. She is always drawing and trys to find her father. She learns a lot about the people around her. This book was an amazing book. I really liked it. It was written in the first person and so i got a lot of detail and feeling. This has some really sad parts and endings so if you do not like sad books i would not recommend it. Warning: Has some scenes that may disturb reader!

3 comments:

  1. I read this book a couple of years ago and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this book a while ago in Tari's class some time ago, I agree with JP it was really good

    ReplyDelete