Monday, December 1, 2014

Uglies

This week I read the fiction book Uglies written by Scott Westerfield. This book is about a girl named Tally where people are either ugly or pretty. Everyone starts out uglies, but on their sixteenth birthday they go through a procedure to make them what society thinks is pretty. A few webs before her sixteenth birthday, Tally meets Shay, and they find out they have the same birthday. Days before there birthday, Shay tells Tally of a place where people have ran away to escape the society they are living in. shay runs away, and the specials threaded Tally to find her or never be pretty. What will she choose? I thought that this book was really good. I liked Shay. It was really descriptive, and futuristic, so it seems like something that could actually happen. Overall I would definitely recommend this book to everyone.

Next books-

My mother the cheerleader
Outliers
Kindred

3 comments:

  1. This book might be a book for me. I really liked your description. I agree, it could happen in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that this book would be good for me, but I liked your description of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the whole series! I think Specials is the best (I think it's the last in the series). You should read it.

    ReplyDelete