Tuesday, November 4, 2014

An old swing - Slice of life

Slice of life - November 4, 2014

The cold crisp air blows my hair back. Back and forth, back and forth. The swing set is old and closed to breaking. The seat has a rip but it supports. Going back and forth. Watching the kids play soccer across the street and  the people walking their dogs talking to each other as the dogs become friendly. The cars streak by like a blur, so fast even the color is unidentifiable. Getting higher and higher, feet not touching the ground. Faster. Letting go of the swing. Flying.


photo credit: <a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/gchicco/2218967837/">Rampant Gian</a> via <a href="http://photopin.com">photopin</a> <a href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/">cc</a>

8 comments:

  1. That is a really cool SOL! I want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! There's so much description and I want to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to keep reading! cool SOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was really cool writing, with a lot of description and a good cliff hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the descriptive language you use. The "cold crisp air" and the colors of the cars blurring. I also love this because swinging is something I love. It brings me back to childhood and makes me feel free in a way that few others things can accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your slice is almost poetic. Short with descriptive words and allowing my memories to fill in around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your slice of life. It is descriptive and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the description. This is a really pretty SOL

    ReplyDelete