Monday, March 16, 2015

17 March, Slice of Life Challenge - Yes, Ronaldo, Yes

This week I read The Killing Woods written by Lucy Christopher. This book is about a girl named Emily Shepard. Her dad is solider suffering from PTSD. He is found carrying Ashlee Parker's dead body out of the woods. Nobody knows the real story, but Ashlee's boyfriend might have something to do with it. The perspective of this story switches between Emily and Ashlee's boyfriend, Damon. It shows what they both have to deal with and their struggles. Overall I loved this book, it was really interesting, and I did not want to put it down. It was not very confusing switching perspectives, because it picked off where the last person ended, it did not re-tell the story. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody.

To Be Read List : Outliers, The Martian, and The Kite Runner

3 comments:

  1. I really like mystery books. This book sounds a lot like October Skies, which you should read. I also like your TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really interesting book, and I agree with Fyodor, you seem to have a lot of good books on your TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a good book. I might read it pretty soon. Nice description!

    ReplyDelete