Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SOL 25/31 Max and Kam's Class

This week I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn written by Betty Smith. This book is the first in a series of five. It is about a girl named Francie who is eleven years old. She lives in poverty with a very alcoholic father. She loves to read and gives her an escape from where and how she is living. This book was really well written and I really liked it. I now want to read the others in that series. Overall it was a really really good book and I would definitely recommend it.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten into a series book in a while, and this series sounds good. was the book a difficult read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. It is one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book, it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete