Saturday, March 1, 2014

SOLSC 1/31 Max and Kam's Classroom

Slice of Life #1

On the first day of kindergarten I was wearing a pink shirt and two very high pigtails. When we walked into the big colorful classroom we were told to sit in a circle around a big rug. At first i was nervous but as I adjusted it was really fun. I sat down in the back and surveyed the other kids. All were different and I liked that. I knew that I could make friends there. Later in the afternoon after lunch I went to the bathroom and I had the following conversation with someone who at that time was a stranger. We had the following conversation:
H: "Is there anyone in here?"I asked.
?: "Uh..." in a small voice.
H:"Hi!"
?: "Hi" the voice got louder.
H: " What's your name?"
?: "Julia"said the voice getting becoming clear.
H:"Hi I'm Haley."

I had not even seen her face but I knew that this girl would be my best friend.

Those are not even half of the details, but that day I met Julia, a girl who I have been friends with for seven and a half years and counting. We have been to the moon and back with each other and have so many memories including being kicked out of the "big girl" bathroom in kindergarten coincidentally. She was one of my first friend that I made at Steck and I would not be alive with out her.


3 comments:

  1. Fun to hear the history of yours and Julia's friendship, Haley. Best Friends are a gift to treasure. Congrats on your first slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you knew she would be your friend before you even saw her! That line embodies your slice so well! Nice start to the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really cool start to your first blog!

    ReplyDelete